Cheap Border Punches from Popular..yay!

I've always admire some of the punches by Martha Stewart but OMG, the prices. I know I can never have the big collections pretty much like any hardcore papercrafters who can display them like pieces of precious art work but sadly, mine is just sitting in a corner..haha. There is this set of Martha Stewart punches, the border punch and the corner punch, which costs a whopping $49.90 but I am hoping to use one of the discount coupons that I had when I purchased slightly over $60.00 at Papermarket.

Martha Steward Dancing Hearts Punches


So far, I saw this at the Vivocity Papermarket and I was this close to getting it and there was only one of it only but I needed the moolah for an upcoming lunch and karaoke session with my gal pals. So yah, back on the shelves it goes.

I got an alternative for it instead. It's not as fancy schmancy as this but well, at least it has hearts! Earlier I got the butterflies punch because it's so cute and it's only $10.90. Wow, how cool is that? The hearts punch was bought at an even cheaper price. $8.90! It would have been cheaper if I was a member which is strange because I usually buy stuffs from Popular and I'm still not a member. Okay okay, should be on my to do list.

The two cards created from the Pop Artz borders punch

Hearts Punch

The patterned paper is from the Bo Bunny Back to Basics collections and I distressed it by whitewashing it with gesso paint and dabbing with Tim Holtz Distress Stain. I'm trying to be a bit arty farty with my card designs like my previous lot because it add an interesting element instead of the usually cut and paste.

Butterflies Punch

This is shabby chic card made using the Kaiser Craft Sweet Nothings 6.5" X 6.5" paperpad and I am trying to use it sparingly unlike my other 6 X 6 paper pads. I got it at far less than then actual price. Pity why they wanna sell it though. I actually like their paper pads compared to others because they have die cut borders and tags. You can pretty much do a card just by using the paper pad and adhesives.

Thanks for dropping by. Remember to get creative! The more you practice, the more creative you will get.

Comments