English Garden & English Road Theme Birthday Layouts

My design styles are pretty diversified because just like my taste in music, I don't like to stick to one genre. While I believe everyone has their own style, I also believe that I must be versatile enough to express myself. Of course, no matter what styles I chose or have been asked to do, usually there are still elements of my own styles weaved into them.

Of course, I will get more excited if I am given a certain theme that I am familiar with or enjoy doing.

I designed these 3 birthday layouts in the same size as your regular A4 sized paper, backed with recycled cardboard. I didn't have problems designing the first two but I kinda stumbled with the third theme. Actually, I didn't struggle when it came to actually doing the work; I was struggling to sketch out the design in my head. Of course the basic things I need would be the players, the ball and the logo.

What am I talking about? I was talking about my assignment on doing a Manchester United Football themed birthday layout! hah..One time, I had an assignment on making a football themed card but it wasn't so bad coz it was just a quarter of a card but this was a full layout.

So the morning before I went to work, I sat infront of my computer and tried to google some related images and then armed with some design research (including the other two layouts), I have been successful, well at least in my own eyes.

The next challenge was to adorn the three layouts with banners which spell out their names. It was challenging because while I had the idea on how to do it, executing will pose a problem because I don't know if I am able to spell out the longer names. But somehow again, I pulled it through.

Thankfully, my customer liked them too :) Whenever they like my works, I feel really satisfied. Of course, I also hope to have returning customers as well and I promise to be better and better at my craft not just for them, but for every order that comes in. They keep me going elevating my hobby to having good relations with my regular and potential customers.




I did these two some time ago and they were complimentary. But I did them, not just as a giveaway, but to practice making A4 sized layouts. Usually I will work on smaller layouts. The only times I did a full sized 12 X 12 layouts were back then when I attended a papermarket class. By the way, I will be attending another one in December..yay! But this time, it will have just one 12 X 12 layout, a mini frame and a card. Things that I can make...and probably sell in future? We'll see.

Oh yes, the layouts :p














Actually, there are only two layouts but I want to show how they look like when you adorn it with a picture. By the way, that's not my cat. But it has such nice brown fur! Super cute.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments