6 Inches Paper Shadow Boxes





This is the second and third time I made a shadow box using a 12 X 12 inches patterned paper and currently I love the range of polka dots paper from Echo Park. They do sell in a pack so I might contemplate on buying it since I love buying the individual pieces and it's probably cheaper buying in bulk.

I actually paid for the takeaway kit that also had the instructions on how to construct the 6 inches shadow box. I knew how to make it but only difference was the measurements. This one is deeper and a 5 x 5 inches card can fit in nicely. 

I made two versions and one of them is free from decorations. I altered the card a bit which you can notice the differences straight away. It looks simple but I would say the most difficult part is actually to have the edges to stick together with little of the glue showing. I believe with practice, this will come naturally just like how I do the explosion boxes.

If you are creative enough, you can actually do more to decorate since it's 3D. I've seen people adding wooden spools with thread or yarn spun around it and let it sit at one of the bottom corners. It doesn't actually stand up on its own so I handmade a stand and stuck it behind, which is altogether, a different kind of feat ;s

I don't know if you can see but for the card itself, there are quite of lot of foam tapes used to prop up the cut out embellishments. With the depth of the shadow boxes, you can actually get away with using more of such tapes or foam dots for dimension.

I hope you like these shadow boxes that I've made. Ready made cards are also available for purchase if you click on the online shop link at the top bar. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your message on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments