Winning Maroon & Pink Combo & Doraemon Themed Box Cards



I really like the colour combinations of this box card and how the striking maroon colour helps to tie in all the softer colours together, especially pink. And also, how cute is the polka dot cake? hee..Ever since then, I've started to improve in my 'cake making' DIY and as for the embellishments, I stuck to the same die cut sticker pack which is inexpensive but is so in line with the theme.

For the second box card, I've kept the embellishments simply and I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I actually now own a silhouette cameo machine. I watched numerous you tube videos, except recently, coz let's say I got carried away by a certain show, to learn what this cameo can do.

Basically it can cut out the patterns that you have on the computer using its software. And even words that I've done mostly for this Doraemon themed box card. Best part, I can use the popular script font to personalise it with the recipient's name and include the wishes as well.

Cool, huh. The downside? Figuring out which strength and the depth of the cutter depending on the paper being used and the intricacies of the pattern. I often end up with improper cuts but slowly, I figure out what is the best settings for certain patterns and also suitable  papers to use. Still, it's always a case of trial and error. At the very least I can save some money buying die cuts that can be quite expensive. I will still buy but definitely you won't see me buy and script dies in future :)

I hope you like this post. For order queries, feel free to send them to me via the box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!







Comments