Light Blue Explosion Box Card for a Sister



I love how layering gives this pop up effect when separate elements are arranged in different heights within the same cluster. Sometimes I like to put them all straight up and sometimes I like to angle out one or two parts to give it a more creative touch such as how I did for the cover.

This is a rather simple box card except for the cake box in the centre which takes practise in order to make the sides look neat. The overall colour scheme for this box card is light blue in colour. To make the colour stand out a bit, the decorative elements are of a darker colour. The scraps of paper that I get from cutting the shape of the box card are kept to make little decorations like the balloons. At one point, I loved to get the patterned paper with gold or silver foil. A little bit pricier than the normal ones so it's best to fully use the paper including the scraps for die cuts or hand cutting shapes from it.

I hope you like the box card I've made. Thanks for dropping by!

Comments