Mini Albums with Characters from Animated Movies


I bought this new die recently when I got my pay. When I first saw this die, which is this geometric design shaped like a snowflake (well, at least to me) I thought eh, I can only use this for Christmas. But when I saw someone post on her blog using this die for her bookbinding album, I thought heck, I NEED this die.

Too bad when I went back to the shop, it was sold out. So I told myself that once it is replenished, I am so going to get it. Honestly, when the stock came back, I still didn't think I would get it because now that I have a cameo machine that can probably die cut almost the same shape. But I didn't want to like..eurgh..download, resize, save and cut it through the machine which probably would take more than one try if it's a complicated design. So I still went ahead and bought the die which I use it with my bigshot machine.

The die I'm talking about makes its first appearance on the cover of this mini album I did. It's the hexagon shape behind the camera with I diecut with a champagne glitter cardstock. It took two tries because for the first one, I only ran it through the machine once. But it didn't cut through all the smaller pieces. It was more successful with the second try where I ran it through more than once. 

I then cut it into two in two different sizes for the background. I kept the rest of the details simple and I added some watercoloring in the background in small doses. I also distressed the background with some masking and splatters of watercolour.

You can view the rest of the pages below. There are some characters from Zootopia and from another movie which I can't remember the name but you would probably know. 

I like to add mini phrases here and there appropriate for the theme. These are usually stickers or from diecut packs. They add some character to the pages as well.

Hope you like this mini album I did. Thanks for dropping by!






Comments