Box Card in Shades of Green


Hi Everyone,

This box card is made up of different shades of green but when combined, they work well together. While I normally don't use stickers to form the words, I did so for this card as I thought it would look nice with this. But with letter alphas of this size, you need to be very gentle and it's quite difficult in a way that you need to correctly position it or at least don't stick on them  yet because honestly, it's quite a pain to shift it around.

I learnt my lesson with this when the first letter which is the letter B, I made a booboo with it. The letter started to crease a little and I spent so much time just to make it look better, which of course, it's quite near impossible. So lesson is, don't stick on too fast and then once you are fine with the position, then apply very tiny dabs of glue so that the glue does not spread out too much. Best is to use those glue with a fine nozzle so control is much easier.

Other than that, another lesson learn is that I should have made deeper cuts at the sides of the heart so the border looks more like a heart. I've achieved this with my next box card which I will post soon.  Well, even if you're a seasoned baker, tailor or crafter, you still learn along the way. There's no such thing as I've learnt all that I can already. But from the mistakes, we learn and then hopefully, we get better you know.

Another new thing I've done is to form a layer using cut out hexagon shapes to form the background. I saw a crafter do something like this but in a larger scale using a 12X12 layout and I wanted to adapt it with this box card.

Hope you like and be inspired by this box card I've made. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!







Comments