Another Congratulatory Card & A light Blue Shabby Chic Birthday Card


This is a double post of two cards which I've done recently. I've decided to change to the previous card size that I used to do which is half an A4 sized because I didn't want to cut the paper to size. Plus, it gives me more room to do some creativity. Previously, I like to layer the card quite extensively but now, some subtle layering can still make the card stand out.

I've actually thrown out quite a number of things which I am no longer using or is no longer inspired. Sometimes it's not the amount of materials you layer on that matters but how you blend in the various small pieces together. Colours also play a part. At least two main colours that complement each other will add interest to the overall look of the card. For the card below, I kept the background subtle. I love this damask pattern which I think Echo Park does right in its colour scheme for its wedding collection. A mix of black, gold, grey and pink. Keep these colours in mind if you are planning to do a wedding congratulatory card like this one ;)


Damask background in grey with pops of colour in blush pink and gold


A quick way to make a card some height is to layer in the background some scrap leftovers of patterned papers and arrange them in various heights. In between the layers, I added cut out flowers, a die cut doily (which I should showcased more in this card) and some stickers from the same sticker sheet. I loved this sticker sheet which is a lovely Paris and shabby chic collection.

For the bottom flower piece, I rolled it with a pencil and then placed some glue at the two ends so it gave a 3D look. To give the card a more 3D look, I added in a single paper flower of the same colour tone.


Some die cut swirls cut using gold glittered paper completes the look of the card

Hope you like these cards I've made. Please feel free to send me your order queries from the link above or from the side bar. I will reply to you soonest.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments